After completing my masters I thought it would all come together for me and something or someone would miraculously and serendipitously come into my life that, like a lightening bolt, would inspire me with absolute clarity around what I was to do with the rest of my life. But there I was, almost four decades later, a professional, married mother of two dogs and some fish and desperately grasping for more.
Thank goodness my husband had the foresight to suggest a coach, as he was just plain tired of hearing me rant about my search for meaning.
During my time with these coaches and mentors I was taught to feel the presence of my higher power and tap into my intuition, which I formerly believed only the “chosen” had access to. I learned that my life had purpose beyond the next deadline or meeting I attended. Deep inside I was beginning to feel a loosening of tight wires inside of me releasing. I found ways to calm my mind other than hard exercise. It was during this time I realized I didn’t need to hunt down my true calling like a set of lost car keys. Happiness and joy was unfolding right before my eyes. I’m human, and when the old routines crept in and the undertow of self-doubt would wash over me, that is when my coaches and mentors helped keep me focused and on track. It is from here that I found my next calling in life and I am more than fired up to help you find your true place right now.
My goal is simple: I help high achieving leaders rid themselves of stress and overwhelm and craft a life that brings them joy and an open-heart awareness so that they can live aligned with what they really want for themselves.
to helping you enrich your life:
- Want to uncover and release the things that have been draining you? When we stagnate we suffer. Our limitations keep us from living the vibrant lives we were meant to live. Even when life is good it can be hard. You will not be alone as you push past your comfort zone. I’m with my clients each step of the way, helping them live agelessly, effortlessly and with a sense of freedom and (professional) reckless abandonment each day.
- Want to become more productive in less time? Put your power, strength and authority into action. It’s time to transform your intentions into reality. I help my clients stay the course and get results specific to their needs.
- Want to create more meaning and purpose in your life? You’ve been chugging along in life and may have found yourself saying, “Wow, How did I get here?” Or “Oh My God, I’m turning how old?” Or “There’s got to be more.” I help clients find their authentic voice and define, then achieve, their most heartfelt priorities.
If you still want to know more about me…
35 Random Things About Me
- I was born in Canada and grew up in Minnesota and I only get my accent back when hanging out with Minnesotan’s.
- When I’m really happy I cry and when I’m really sad I don’t.
- Contagious enthusiasm describes me most of the time.
- My husband and I were part of the first Peace Corps group in Jordan.
- Having a good mentor is the next best thing to home baked bread.
- Meeting people and forming relationships is one of my greatest joys in life.
- I trained with iPEC, Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching, one of the leading coaching certifications in the world and I am a member of ICF, International Coaching Federation.
- I was a camp ground host by myself for a summer and I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
- I’m a fitness lover.
- Exercising my mind and body every day keeps me vibrant.
- The only bone I’ve broken is my nose — 3 times!
- I follow a plant based diet and have done so for a number of years.
- I have a BA in Communication with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies, a certificate in Gerontology; a Masters in Applied Communication with an emphasis and certification in Adult Education and Training; I’m certified in Mediation, Coaching and a certified Master Practitioner in administering the Energy Leadership Index assessment.
- In addition to all the goodies I’ve studied, I also have a certification in numerology, which adds an interesting flavor to my work.
- My mother died from heart disease, hence the reason I am proactive about my diet.
- I’m proud to be an adjunct instructor of Public Speaking & Interpersonal Communication for Colorado Mountain College.
- I begin to miss the college students I teach before the semester even ends.
- My husband and I play cards with each other almost every single day and have done this for over 20 years.
- I didn’t realize I was good in things, such as math, until I became an adult. A story I held with me since 2nd grade.
- I start things then figure them out.
- Working with people older than 70 has brought me great joy and wisdom.
- I lived on an Indian reservation while growing up.
- I’m the mother of two (dogs), the aunt to seventeen nieces and nephews, and the wife of one.
- I picked Colorado from a book then moved here when I was 18.
- I’ve learned how to be nice without giving my power away.
- I have a bad habit of laughing at inappropriate times.
- Nothing usually stops me when I set my mind to it.
- I can be competitive, but less so now days…I much prefer collaboration.
- I’m well-informed on cutting-edge scientific and best practices of leadership, wellness, and personal coaching.
- Feng shui and a clutter-free house keeps me sane.
- I love a good book and a good movie equally as much.
- Living abroad again is a goal of mine.
- Community engagement is important to me. I am a Rotarian, I’m pleased to be on our Hospital Foundation board (one of the top 100 hospitals in the country), I’m a pro volunteer (meaning I don’t say ‘yes’ to everything), and I’m involved in several professional organizations.
- I hope to have the opportunity to call a bingo game some day.
- I love that my family has such a great sense of humor and adventure.